Almost every person wishes to own their own home. Americans still believe that though it is the largest purchase of their life, it still remains the wisest purchase as well. It is not just the wisdom of a good investment... but also a sense of pride of having a home of their own.Researchers tell us early in life this usually becomes a goal Experts also tell us that people plan to spend money on their home within the next year. The figure has risen to almost 70% of home owners seeking to improve their home.
Here are some areas to think about when wanting to improve the value of your home.
* Curb appeal is always important. A new door is a great way to improve the front of the house. It is good to remember steel doors can appear to be wooden doors and they provide a higher level of security.
* Organization is a huge improvement to your home. Take a visit to a organization retailer and look for shoe organizers for closets and other spaces, catch-all organizers in TV room closets will keep games and accessories like X box out of sight. Bins and baskets hide the clutter in the pantry area of the kitchen and inside cabinets. Cabinets organizers can actually make it easier to find items when preparing food. Using these items will create a feeling of spaciousness and cleanliness.
* New technology ...Adding a programmable thermostat adds value and saves you money at the same time. This item will pay for itself in a few short weeks/months. The added convenience of it is a real bonus.
* Replacing outdated cabinet hardware will give a new updated look to the kitchen and bathrooms So easy to change out and economical in the big box retail stores.
* Give a facelift to your bathroom by putting in a new floor. Easy to install yourself but even economical when hiring someone to do for you.
* Update the master bath shower. It is an area that is used each day and you may enjoy a newer more spa-like function and look. There are lots of ideas in home improvement stores for you to choose from. You can change a little at a time or do a complete facelift. It is money well spent!
* Brighten the mud room or entry if it appears dark and in need of a new coat of paint. You can also hang pictures and baskets to lighten the area where friends and family enter your home. Make your guests & family feel welcome with a cheerful decor whether the enter through the front or back door!
As always I am here to help you with suggestions for home improvements that will add more value to your home....
.... "You've got a Friend in Real Estate"
Jarod Tanksley 615.403.8265
Brentview Realty 615.373.2814