Real Estate Blog
Wednesday, 10 May 2017
Now is a great time to buy. Rates are still at record lows and the housing market is not showing a trend of slowing down any time soon. Three reasons to buy a home today:
1. Buying vs. Renting
The results of the latest Rent vs. Buy Report from Trulia show that homeownership remains cheaper than renting with a traditional 30-year fixed rate mortgage in the 100 largest metro areas in the United States. The report reveals that:
“Interest rates have remained low, and even though home prices have appreciated around the country, they haven’t greatly outpaced rental appreciation…Nationally, rates would have to reach 9.1% for renting to be cheaper than buying. Rates haven’t been that high since January of 1995, according to Freddie Mac.”
2. Homeownership Could Offer Several Tax Deductions
According to the Tax Policy Center’s Briefing Book -“A citizen's guide to the fascinating (though often complex) elements of the federal Tax System” - there are several tax advantages to homeownership. Here are three:
3. Experts Expect Home Price Appreciation to Continue
Every quarter, Pulsenomics surveys a nationwide panel of over one hundred economists, real estate experts, and investment & market strategists about where they believe prices are headed over the next five years. They then average the projections of all 100+ experts into a single number.
What does all of this mean? Buying a home now is setting you up for financial gain in the future. Call or email today to see what we can get you pre-approved for. Brittney Campbell with Franklin American Mortgage 615.491.4744 firstname.lastname@example.org
Being Pre-approved before making an offer is a must in todays Sellers market. There are many components to buying your next home. Brittney and I are here to help you from the first step of the process to the last. Let's get together soon and talk about your future plans.
"You've Got a Friend in Real Estate"
Posted on 05/10/2017 7:34 AM by Jarod Tanksley
Thursday, 04 May 2017
The time is finally here for the big move. You find your dream home and it is yours. I am going to try to help you feel more comfortable about all you need to do to make this change go smoothly, from selecting the moving company to making this home really yours.
I have created some helpful items for your move decisions.
1. Most of us desire to move on the weekend. Since everyone feels that way it is easy to see why if you can move on a weekday you will save money on your move.
2. Packing can be an emotional time. It is better to leave the packing to the professionals. They won't become emotional about the items they are packing. For instance, packing a yearbook from high school you are tempted to sit down to reminisce about the good ole days.
3.Anything that won't fit in your new home or that you have decided to replace needs to go now. You can sell on a buy sell trade site or just toss the item. Another idea would be to donate to an organization like Goodwill.
4. No need to purchase boxes. There are lots of avenues to get your boxes. Grocery stores, liquor stores and fast food restaurants have great boxes as well. Sometimes the best way to get boxes is from your moving company, as a part of the moving package deal. Many times that will be a requirement to insure your items arrive safely and in tact.
Let's face it, moving is stressful. Keep your eye on the prize. After all a new home is so exciting! By following these suggestions you can at least be prepared and take some of the stress out of the move.
Posted on 05/04/2017 8:33 AM by Jarod Tanksley